Very nice example of the No. 8C by Millers Falls. Extra special is the patented lever cap that has a hinged lower section to offer extra clamping power low to the cutting edge to prevent “chatter” when planing tough woods. They also have a full width and solid frog that is precision machined for extra cutter stability. All facets of the MF plane is top quality with well excuted machining. The cutter has a well tempered steel that sharpens to a keen edge and holds this edge for a long time. A well made plane.
Restored and ready for use.
– All parts disassembled and cleaned
– Bottom lapped flat
– Japanning cleaned
– Base frog mating surfaces cleaned and scraped
– Cutter sharpened to 7000 grit
– Chip breaker dressed to flatness and fit to cutter
– Wood refinished
– Coated with wax rust inhibitor